- Film Production: Effective at organizing and coordinating shoots; experience using production equipment. Conduct script analysis and supervise script changes. Ability to give clear, concise and condensed notes for editing and analysis.
- Administration and Communication: Provide efficient administrative support for a diverse array of program participants and staff. Prioritize and organize workloads to meet strict deadlines; train and support team members. Establish and maintain strong working relationships with management, staff, and internal and external groups.
- Skills and Certifications: Certified CPR/First Aid attendant, Fire Guard Certified NYC. Certified theatrical electrician. MS Suite, Google Suite, Adobe Suite, iMovie, limited Movie Magic knowledge, Tumblr, Medium and WordPress HTML abilities and social media savvy. Valid New York Driver’s license, fluent Spanish speaker.
- Strengths and Accomplishments: Enthusiastic, creative and dedicated; demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and objectives. Excellent organizational and communication talents; solid skills in improving productivity and efficiency while reducing costs by up to 40%.
#GoingHomeless / 1st Assistant Director Produced and assistant-directed the 12 episode web series. Planned, organized, and budgeted film shoots utilizing Excel and Quickbooks. Completed and maintained all SAG and liability insurance paperwork. Frequently worked numerous hours to meet strict deadlines.
Out To Dry / Producer, Assistant Director Located and secured approval for shoot locations at low-cost, assisted in costuming, running social media and successful fundraising for the entire project. Played a key role in defusing tension and ensuring successful shoots on-set and monitoring for continuity.
Walk Me Through It / Producer Co-produced and cast the short film. Organized, and budgeted film shoots and pre-staging. Wrote scenes, treatments, and portions of scripts in conjunction with co-producer.
Barista: a new film / Producer, Production Assistant Co-produced, and production assisted the DP and Director on-set. Organized and budgeted film shoots and pre-staging, prepared all paperwork including run-sheets, cue sheets, call times and timestamps and script supervision. Secured approval for shoot locations, assisted with travel, transfers and craft services.
- Graduate Emerson College, Boston, MA. 2010 BFA Stage/Event Management. Minor: Writing & Spanish.
- Internships: Diana Wortham Theater & Opera Ireland, August 2007-August 2009
- Guinness World Record: Youngest Female Technical Director in Outdoor Theatre History, August 2007
SELECTED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Chief of Staff to the Co-founders, Upworthy– New York, NY 2014-present
- Plan major internal conversations on an ongoing basis. Organize and run all company calls, budgetary operations, and travel approvals. Run special projects related to culture and corporate success for the company while also working to envision, plan, and execute culture initiatives throughout the company.
- Optimize and organize the co-founders calendars, inboxes and ensure the co-founders have clear goals, clear priorities. Provide the data, research, and resources needed in order to achieve all company goals, whilst maintaining a “low impact” approach to the rest of the team.
- Help leaders and team members throughout the company get what they need from co-founders. Assist team leads to achieve their goals with the most assistance and least detriment from co-founders.
Office Manager & Assistant to the President, Promgirl, LLC – New York, NY 2011 – 2014
- Maintained the New York City corporate office of over fifty people in two separate spaces, a corporate apartment, and two company cars. Negotiated all executive (personal and professional), staff travel plans. Scheduled, confirmed and drafted research projects weekly for trips, events, and meetings.
- Identified and facilitated the proper appropriation of resources for job completion including, detailed supply inventories, budgets, and credit card reports. Formulated new hire and human resource policies, expedited extensive clerical duties such as filing, screening calls, emails and administered interdepartmental liaising.